Job: Human Resource Manager – Full Time
Job Purpose: The Human Resource Manager oversees the daily operation of the Human Resource Office. As the Human Resources Manager, you are responsible for areas of recruiting, employee relations, benefits, events, workers compensation and other employee related tasks. Additionally, responsible for short- and long-term planning of all the HR related functions like workforce planning, recruitment, staffing, strategies, wage and salary administration, associate and labour relations, benefits, workforce training and development etc.
• Four-year college degree in Human Resources or Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree education.
• Five years Human Resources management experience required preferably in the hospitality industry and minimum experience of one to two years in the same position at a comparable resort or hotel.
• Well versed in Human Resources and Payroll Management Systems (HRIS System)
• Excellent skills in Microsoft office, HIRS system, Applicant tracking system and online recruiting resources. Competencies:
• Administers diligent implementation and oversight of collective bargaining agreements (CBA).
• Leads negotiations of CBA.
• Have a strong background in employment, employee relations, benefits, wages and salary, employee training, accident prevention, and government regulations and policies.
• Strong written and communication skills required with an understanding and ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
• Provide guidance to the leadership team regarding employee morale, employee relations, coaching, counselling and discipline.
• Promote employee communication activities and channels, to encourage and enable feedback from staff.
• Maintain a positive relationship with staff representatives and ensure any employee grievances are monitored and resolved.
• Responsible for all back office and administration tasks of the department.
• Oversee the management of the recruiting process including position management, advertising, working with community agencies.
• Develop and maintains confidential departmental staff and associated files, documents, pay scale details and/or other important databases. Duties and Responsibilities:
• To ensure that the company Human Resource operational policies and processes are adhered to and continually improved
• To assist in all activities concerning the sourcing and recruitment of staff, performance management, staff discipline and HR administration. • To coordinate all matters of employee work permits and visas.
• To coordinate and/or conduct departmental training and conduct new hire resort orientation program.
• Implement corporate policies and procedures on compensation, incentive, bonus and benefits.
• Continually assess employee morale, including analyzing absenteeism and turnover records, lateness and resignations.
• Coordinate employee wellness and safety programs.
• Conduct needs analysis, develop, implement, and monitor training manuals, programs, and materials.
• Encourage a good standard of employee conduct and behaviour and coordinates disciplinary procedure as and when necessary.
• Ensures appraisals are carried out for every employee every 12 months or as per resort management policy and reviews all appraisals and follows up on development needs, if required.
• Assist in communication of key messages to all staff.
• Assist in recruitment and hiring of all employees.
• Ability to remain calm and courteous in demanding situations.
• Assist other department heads in the formulation of HR policies and procedures for their respective departments.
• Assist with and ensures that all procedures concerning promotion, transfer and staff resignation is carried on within Company policy and within legal boundaries.
• Assist in developing and conducting management training on a variety of leadership and HR topics.
• Assist in overseeing preparation of reports required by government agencies.
• Oversee Workers Compensation programs, ensuring claims and reports are submitted in a timely basis.
• Support operational efforts through proper staffing and training of associates.
• Assist with planning, coordinating and executing employee activities and events, including examples such as staff meetings, Christmas party and farewell parties, and community services etc.
• Leads in the administration of the resort’s social and staff benefit programs e.g.: Employee of the Month, Leader of the quarter, Employee Relations Committee and other staff incentives.
Application Process: Consideration will be given to those submitting a cover letter and an updated resume clearly stating how they meet the qualifications. Deadline for receipt of applications is February 1, 2019 by 12 Noon.
Applications may be submitted by fax, email, mail, to:
St. Eugene Golf, Resort & Casino
7777 Mission Road Cranbrook BC, V1C 7E5
Fax: (250) 420-2001
Please quote “Human Resource Manager” in the subject line of the email.
We would like to thank all applicants who apply; however, only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted