Job: Guest Service Agent – Part Time
Job Purpose: In a highly professional and courteous manner you would be responsible for managing the check in process, the stay and check out process, as well as taking room reservations over the phone or in person. When taking room reservations, you would be required to use a computer-based reservations system. The Guest Service Agent provides information on the Resort, including Resort amenities, room amenities and services, available room rates and packages as well as information on the surrounding area. You would be required to deal with guest concerns or issues or questions in a highly professional manner. You would perform basic accounting functions regarding the guest’s folio, such as posting verifying and cash transactions. When working as the Night Auditor you would verify and balance daily charges for all departments to customer folios, master accounts and house accounts and makes corrections as necessary. You would ensure that appropriate support documentation is obtained and attached and balance departments against daily summaries and review all credit cards and vouchers and ensure they are posted correctly. After verifying the accuracy of all postings and calculations you would run the computer through nightly processing sequence to reset for the next day’s use in balancing of applicable functions
Candidate must have Grade 12, prior front desk experience and accounting experience or an acceptable combination of related experience, education and or training. A related post-secondary diploma or certificate would be an asset.
- Ability to accurately handle and balance cash or monetary transactions and the mathematical skills to issue change without the aid of a calculator
- Ability to communicate information to a variety of audiences using excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Conflict resolution skills with the ability to deal with customers issues in a professional, courteous and understanding manner even in difficult situations.
- Demonstrate a high level of Guest Focus by striving for high guest satisfaction, going out of the way to be helpful and pleasant and making it as easy as possible on the guest rather than self, department, or organization
- Demonstrated accountability by planning, managing time well, being on time, being cost conscious, thinking of better ways of doing things, demonstrates ability to follow instructions, maintains appropriate appearance, complies with team Member policies and procedures, and has a willingness to learn
- Demonstrates the ability to work as part of a team by being helpful, respectful, approachable and team oriented, building strong working relationships and a positive work environment, is responsible, honest, loyal, interacts with others tactfully, resolves conflicts appropriately, and adapts to change.
- Knowledge of general office work such as filing and recording information
- Knowledge of computer hardware and software, including Microsoft Office computer applications
- Have basic accounting skills
Conditions of Employment:
A position of a GSA requires coverage of a range of shifts including but not limited to regular evening and weekend work, holidays, early morning, and night audit shift (graveyard). A position of a GSA is required to stand for extended periods of time and lift reasonably heavy objects on occasions.
Consideration will be given to those submitting a cover letter and an updated resume clearly stating how they meet the qualifications. Deadline for receipt of applications is November 8, 2019 by 12:00 Noon. Applications may be submitted by fax, email, or mail:
St. Eugene Golf, Resort & Casino
7777 Mission Road
Cranbrook BC, V1C 7E5
Fax: (250) 420-2001
Please insert “GSA” in the subject line of your email
This competition may be used to create an eligibility list for permanent, term and acting positions.
We would like to thank all applicants who apply; however, only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted