Job: Marketing and Digital Media Coordinator
The Marketing and Digital Media Coordinator is responsible for the management and coordination of all marketing, promotions, advertising, social media and events for SEM to maximize occupancies and revenues throughout the resort including but not limited to rooms, casino, golf, food and beverage and RV park.
• Support in the creation of the marketing plan in conjunction with the advertising agency
• Support the development of marketing communications and promotional materials for internal and external audiences
• Act as the internal marketing champion for golf, F&B, RV Park, casino and hotel and assist departments with all marketing endeavours
• Manage brand assets including logos, photography, video, final print files
• Manage social media platforms communications on a daily basis in accordance with the content calendar
• Respond to online reviews on social and booking channels
• Attend weekly revenue management meetings and assist with tasks that arise from the meetings
• Manage email databases and customer contact information
• Develop and send all St. Eugene emails with support from advertising agency
• Update St. Eugene website including text and image changes, creating landing pages and event pages
• Support all in-house event marketing
• Assist with materials and organization for tradeshows
• Responsible for all in-resort communications including TV screens, posters, in room cards and signage.
• Lead print projects using in-house printer or print suppliers
A Post-secondary education in Marketing, Communication, Social Media Business or an acceptable combination of related experience, education and/or training. A minimum of 1-2 years’ experience in sales & marketing is preferred. Knowledge of WordPress, MailChimp, Adobe Creative Cloud software would be considered an advantage.
• Have the ability to analyze problems systematically, organizing information and identifying key factors and key causes in order to generate solutions.
• Demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively with balanced listening and talking, speaking and writing clearly and accurately, keeping others informed.
• Demonstrate a high level of Guest Focus by striving for high guest satisfaction, going out of way to be helpful and pleasant and making it as easy as possible on the guest rather than self, department, or organization.
• Demonstrated accountability by planning ahead, managing time well, being on time, being cost conscious, thinking of better ways of doing things, demonstrates ability to follow instructions, maintains appropriate appearance, complies with team Member policies and procedures, and has a willingness to learn.
• Demonstrates a positive attitude, initiative and adaptability/flexibility.
• Ability to develop and maintain collaborative working relationships with others both external and internal.
• Conflict resolution skills with the ability to deal with customers issues in a professional, courteous and understanding manner even in difficult situations.
• A demonstrated proficiency with Social media platforms and an understanding of their uses as a marketing tool.
• Ability to accurately handle and balance cash or monetary transactions.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office computer applications
• Organizational and office skills
• Sales and marketing skills
Conditions of Employment:
Must have a flexible schedule and be able to work late night shifts, weekend, as well as federal and civic holidays. Must be physically able to lift light objects (tools and equipment are available for heavier loads). You will be required to obtain and maintain a gaming employee certificate of registration from the British Columbia Gaming Policy and Enforcement Branch in order to work with Casino. You may be required to travel to trade shows from time to time.
Consideration will be given to those submitting a cover letter and an updated resume clearly stating how they meet the qualifications. Deadline for receipt of applications is November 7, 2018. Applications may be submitted by email, mail, or fax.
St. Eugene Golf, Resort & Casino
7777 Mission Road
Cranbrook BC, V1C 7E5
Fax: (250) 420-2001
Please quote “Marketing & Digital Media Coordinator” in the Subject line of your email
This competition may be used to create an eligibility list for permanent, term and acting positions.
We would like to thank all applicants who apply; however, only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted