Covid-19 Hotel Guidelines
As we welcome you, our valued guest, to our establishment, St. Eugene Golf Resort & Casino has implemented a number of new protocols to ensure the safety of everyone, while maintaining our full dedication to providing you with a memorable experience.
Throughout your stay, you will see new protocols in place to ensure both guest and staff safety. Physical distancing measures will be in place with signage, wayfinding, directional markers, table spacing, stanchions, plastic shields, elevator notices, and traffic flow decals to promote 2-metre distancing between all individuals. We have also decreased shared contact points and increased all cleaning and sanitizing protocols. As an added safety measure for our guests and staff, we are abiding by the Provincial Health Order Guidelines for Capacity limits at our Pool Facility, Fitness Centre and Dining Outlets.
All staff are temperature checked and asked to report any potential symptoms prior to beginning their scheduled shift. St. Eugene is limiting the number of staff present on property by asking only those scheduled to work be on the property.
- If you have travelled outside of Canada, you are not permitted at our facility until you have self-isolated for a minimum of 14 days.
- Guests staying in the same room must be from one household unit, or in the same social bubble.
- Please wash your hands for at least 20 seconds in warm water and soap and use hand sanitizer every time you enter or exit the Hotel.
- If you are feeling unwell in any way, please do not come to our facility.
- If you live in a household with someone who has COVID-19 or is showing symptoms of COVID-19, please do not come to our facility.
- While on the property, always practice social distancing (2m/6ft apart from each other); no handshaking, no hugging, no high fives etc.
- Hand sanitizer stations are placed throughout the property and we ask you to use them upon arrival, departure, and throughout your stay.
- You and your party must always maintain a 2-meter separation from anyone else at the Resort.
- Be kind and supportive – Remember we are all in this together!
Effective August 1, 2020, as per the Provincial Health Guidelines, everyone is mandated to wear a face covering or mask in public buildings, which includes all Resort venues. There are a few exceptions to the Face Coverings Bylaw including children under the age of two, people with underlying medical conditions that inhibit their ability to wear a mask, and people who are eating or drinking, among others. It is St. Eugene Resorts’ role to inform guests of this Order.
The new and enhanced safety protocols at St. Eugene Resort have been developed in accordance with BC Health Services and WorkSafe BC’s requirements and recommendations.
HOTEL GUESTS & VISITORS
We advise guests experiencing the following symptoms (however mild) to refrain from visiting venues at St. Eugene Resort if:
They are ill or experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms including:
• Shortness of breath
• Difficulty breathing
• Runny nose
• Sore throat
• They, or anyone in their household, has travelled outside Canada in the last 14 days
• They, or anyone in their household, has been in close contact with a confirmed or possible case of COVID-19 in the last 14 days
• They are currently being investigated for a suspected case of COVID-19
• They are currently required by their Provincial Health Services to isolate or be in quarantine
If at any time throughout a guest’s stay or visit, they develop any COVID-19 symptoms, not attributed to pre-existing conditions, they are asked to remain in their room and advise a staff member immediately.
We always ask our guests to please maintain two-metre physical distancing and follow all signage, wayfinding, and traffic routes as well as any other posted instructions.
HOTEL GUEST ARRIVAL & DEPARTURE
Upon arrival, guests can be reassured that they will be taken care of in a safe and welcoming environment. We have introduced new and enhanced health and safety protocols to our full-service model, so guests can safely enjoy the continued luxury of St. Eugene.
Event though our staff will all be wearing face masks, you’ll see their enthusiastic smiles through their eyes. After each service performed by Guest Services or Front Desk agents, all contact areas such as bell carts, guest keys, payment machines, service tables, chairs, armrests, seat bases are disinfected. Staff gloves are changed after every interaction.
At this time, we will ask that our guests handle their own luggage. If you do require assistance we will do our best to accommodate.
CHECK-IN | CHECK-OUT
Our staff are delighted to welcome you to St. Eugene Golf Resort & Casino and are adhering to the following protocols to make your check-in experience safe and comforting.
• All front of house employees will be wearing face coverings
• All guestrooms keys are thoroughly sanitized before use
• Disposable mask available for purchase for $2.00
• Plastic shields at the Front Desk have been installed to reduce direct contact with guests
• Identification is not exchanged; it is validated at a distance. Guests are asked to hold up ID through plastic shield for agents to view
• Credit/Debit payments are preferred, however, cash will be accepted as payment upon departure
• Guest-use pens are cleaned and disinfected after each use
• Contactless checkout is available, with folios emailed automatically to guests. Guests are invited to leave room keys in their room or in the drop-box at the front desk
• Guest Service Agents use gloves when handling guest items. Gloves are changed after every interaction
• Guest vehicles may remain on the front drive while checking in, keys will not be held by Guest Service Agents
• Constant sanitation of bell carts, public seating, doors, elevators, and high touch surfaces takes place
• This Ride is for Two: We invite all our guests to keep the physical distancing protocols in the elevators, and use is for only two guests at a time
• If delivering luggage to a room, Guest Service Agents ride in a separate elevator from guests
With the safety and comfort of our guests as a top priority, we have implemented these enhanced protocols so you can fully relax in our luxury accommodations.
REDUCTION OF CONTACT WITH OBJECTS
Non-essential objects with high-contact from guests and staff such as notepads, pens, and magazines have been removed from guestrooms. Additional hygiene protocols for handling towels, cloth napkins and other linens have been implemented.
A laminated Hotel information page has been placed in all guestrooms and room service menus are now accessible via QR code.
• During this time, there will be no daily Housekeeping Service provided during your stay (up to 3 nights).
• 100-point checklist implemented for all guestroom cleaning
• Hospital-grade cleaning products (with a Canadian Drug Identification Number) are used for guestroom cleaning
• Notepads, pens, magazines, menus, glassware, and decorative pillows have been removed from guestrooms, and are delivered upon request
• Extra linens and amenities are delivered in bags upon request
• Coffee mugs have been replaced with pre-wrapped disposable alternatives
POOL & FITNESS CENTRE
• Our Pool and Fitness Centre are currently open and available for your enjoyment. Due to capacity guidelines, pool and fitness centre use will be by reservation. Please inquire upon Check-in for further information.
FOOD & BEVERAGE
- Our Food & Beverage team will be offering Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner daily, with service available at the 19th Hole Bar & Grill and via In-Room Dining.
- The 19th Hole Bar & Grill is open to our hotel guests as a contactless counter service establishment offering picnic-style food and beverage.
- A limited amount of spaced picnic tables and seating is available on the 19th Hole Patio.
- Please always practice social distancing (6ft apart from each other)
- The 19th Hole food and beverage services are available daily 8 am - 9 pm
- If you come across someone not maintaining the 2-meter social distancing requirement, please remember that they may be in one Household group.
- If someone infringes on your 2-meter distance, kindly remind them of the 2-meter rule. Please de-escalate any confrontational situations and, if needed, report the situation to the Front Desk.